Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lake Isabelle and Pawnee Pass

Here are some images from the hike I went on today to Lake Isabelle and Pawnee Pass in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. I accidentally left my camera memory card at home, doh. So I was limited to the in-camera memory available... a measly 8 Mb. That doesn't get you much.

Here is Isabelle Lake...



After the lake I decided to head up to Pawnee Pass. There is a lot of melt this year due to the record snowfall. You can see some of the results of that here...



And here looking down...



As I went up higher I took some shots as I approached the Continental Divide.



And decided to look back down upon Isabelle Lake.



And here is another shot of the Continental Divide. It was a bit cooler and windy once you get up into the open tundra above tree line. I think Isabelle Glacier is there somewhere.



Till another hiking day...

3 comments:

  1. Nice man. How long was the hike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that long at all; I was bookin' it the whole way. About 2 miles from the TH to the lake, and another 2 to the pass. I made it to the lake in about 40 minutes. :D

    That could be why my legs are sore today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pic's looks like a great place to spend some time

    ReplyDelete